No, The CIRI Foundation does not require a CIB/CDIB to prove your eligibility. TCF requires documents which link you to your Original Enrollee*, such as birth certificates, marriage licences, adoption records, death records, etc. showing that you are directly descended from an Original Enrollee of CIRI.

However, the CITC Tribal Higher Education Scholarship, administered by The CIRI Foundation (paper application) does require your CIB/CDIB.

*Original Enrollee is an individual whom acquired shares from Cook Inlet Region, Inc. (CIRI) during the 1971 Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. If you are unsure about your CIRI shareholder status, contact the CIRI Shareholder Relations Department at (800) 764-2474.