The CIRI Foundation (TCF) offers general and cultural fellowships to applicants attending non-credit workshops, seminars or preparatory/study courses that broaden an applicant’s understanding and appreciation of education, culture, and society and directly relate to the improvement of the applicant’s employment skills. Cultural fellowships are offered to encourage applicants in performing and transmitting the visual, literary, and performing arts of Alaska Natives. There are 4 deadlines for fellowship applicants.
TCF’s fellowship applications are entirely electronic and must be submitted using our online system. You must have an approved user account to apply for fellowships. Click here to apply for a new user account. Applications open online approximately 30 days before the deadline. Applications must be received on or before the deadline.
Need help applying? See our “How to Apply Online/TCF Guidelines” Handout
Deadlines: March 31, June 30, September 30, December 1
Amount: Up to $250 per calendar year
- CIRI original enrollee or direct lineal descendant
- A 2.5 grade point average or higher
- Online Application submitted on or before the deadlines listed above
- Supporting Documents: proof of enrollment in a non-credit workshop, seminar, preparatory/study course approved by TCF, proof of relationship to original enrollee, 300 word statement of purpose (500 for new applicants)
- Eligible to receive up to $250 per calendar year
- Upon receiving an award, students must maintain all funding requirements in order to remain in good standing with TCF and remain eligible for future funding
- Failure to maintain funding requirements may result in probation and/or infraction status with potential loss of funding
- Fund Uses: direct educational expenses including tuition, student registrations fees, course-required book/supplies, and on-campus house and meal plans.
- Awards are subject to available funding.
- Applicants will be evaluated based on the information submitted with their application