Heritage Project Grants
Deadlines: March 1, June 1, September 1, November 1
Please see grant application for full details, requirements, processing, and more.
Heritage Project Grant funding is available to support projects that affect and/or involve Alaska Native beneficiaries of Cook Inlet Region, Inc. and further the following heritage goals of TCF:
- Support educational projects, research and development of materials on subjects that enhance the understanding and appreciation by Alaska Natives and the general public about traditional and contemporary Alaska Native history, ethnology, anthropology, philosophy, literature, the arts and other related fields.
- Promote enrichment programs about the cultural traditions of Alaska Natives of Cook Inlet Region, Inc. and encourage contemporary Alaska Native tradition bearers in pursuit of their works.
- Foster the identification, preservation, curation and interpretation of traditional and contemporary Alaska Native cultural resource materials of Cook Inlet Region, Inc.
- Encourage excellence in the development and exhibition of traditional and contemporary Alaska Native art, music, literature and other works for appreciation by the general public.
- Conduct consultation and cooperation to protect traditional and cultural values ascribed to Alaska Native lands in the Cook Inlet Region, Inc.
- Promote cooperation and involvement of Alaska Natives within the Cook Inlet Region, Inc. as well as with civic and private organizations to accomplish The Foundation’s heritage goals.
All applicants are encouraged to contact The CIRI Foundation to discuss their proposed projects prior to submitting an application. Please contact Stacey Lucason, Program Assistant, for more information.