The CIRI Foundation will be closed Monday, March 27, 2017 in observance of Seward’s Day. TCF will reopen for normal business hours on Tuesday, March 28 at 8 a.m.Toggle
Now Closed: TCF, CITC, and Eklutna Inc. Scholarship Deadline
The December 1, 2016 degree-seeking scholarship deadline is now closed. The next application opens May 1.
You may request an online new user account at any time to prepare for the next deadline. TCF, CITC, and Eklutna Inc. scholarship applications are available one month prior to each deadline. The next deadline will be June 1, 2017.
TCF’s Education Resources Handbook (PDF) (click to download) has additional opportunities you may be interested in.
Now Open: TCF and Eklutna Inc. Vocational Training Grant Deadline
The next Vocational Training Grant Deadline will be March 31. Applications open March 1.
You may request an online new user account at any time to prepare for the next deadline. TCF and Eklutna Inc. vocational training grant applications are available one month prior to each deadline.
The next deadline will be March 31, 2017.
Now Closed: Project Grant Deadline
Grants are available to support projects that affect and/or involve Alaska Native beneficiaries of CIRI and further the education and heritage goals of TCF.
Three different categories are available: Education, Heritage, and A Journey To What Matters: Increased Alaska Native Arts and Culture Project Grants. Visit the project grant portion of our website to learn more. The next Project Grant Deadline will be June 1.
The Alaska State Council on the Arts, in partnership with The CIRI Foundation, is pleased to provide the Alaska Native Artist Resource Workbook to assist Alaska Native artists in furthering their artistic careers. Please contact ASCA for more information about the workbook and upcoming artists professional development workshops scheduled across the state.
The purpose of this Grant Writing Handbook is to offer suggestions and clarify the process of writing a grant proposal for arts funding. It is adapted from the First Peoples’ Cultural Council of British Columbia to provide information and resources specific to Alaskan artists.
TCF is grateful for this partnership and collaborative spirit enabling us to increase our resources to perpetuate and promote the unique artistic and cultural traditions of Alaska Native peoples!
Click on the book cover for an electronic copy!
Upcoming TCF Deadlines
- March 1 – TCF Education and Heritage Project Grants
- March 1 – TCF A Journey to What Matters Project Grants
- March 31 – TCF Vocational Training Grant
- March 31 – Eklutna Inc. Vocational Training Grant
TCF recipients in the news!
- Eva Gregg, TCF recipient, is featured for her success at UAA and her work in helping others understand and tell their own stories.
- Raina Thiele, TCF recipient, talks about her time at the White House.
- Esau Sinnok, TCF recipient, is recognized by the White House as Champion of Change, featured on the I am Inuit page, and the focus on an interview with Arctic Deeply (an in-depth news site).
- Kyla Morris, TCF recipient, talks about The CIRI Foundation on the CIRIosity podcast.
TCF supported projects in the news!
Our People – Stories Shared by TCF recipients, project grant participants, and those impacted by TCF.